Mediterranean Stuffed Zucchini
This recipes is a wonderful summertime patio appetizer. It’s a great way to use local fresh zucchini and a tasty BC Goat cheese.
- Cut the zucchini into 1 inch thick rounds and then simmer in a pot of water for about 4 minutes. Cool the cooked zucchini immediately under cold water. The cooking is just to soften the zucchini a little bit.
- Using a small melon baller, carefully scoop some of the white flesh of the zucchini making a mini bowl. Save the scooped bits for stir-fry or soup.
- Now combine the goat cheese, olives, sun-dried tomato, garlic, basil, pepper, paprika and bread crumbs in a mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Place a nice little mound of cheese mixture on each zucchini, top the cheese with a touch more bread crumbs and then bake in a preheated 425° F oven on a greased baking tray. Bake until the top is golden brown, cool for a few minutes and then serve and enjoy.
- PREP 20 mins
- COOK 15 mins
- Roasted pepper or eggplant are nice additions for the cheese mixture. You can also add a hint of cayenne to make them a touch spicy.