Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Roasted Pear & Walnut Yogurt
- PREP 15 mins
- COOK 15 mins
This is a lovely flavoured yogurt with no sugar added. All the sweetness comes naturally from the pears, vanilla and cinnamon and it is a fantastic healthy snack
- Soak the walnuts overnight in slightly salted water, then drain and dry them. This makes them more digestible and removes some toxins.
- Preheat a medium pan on medium heat. Add the butter and then the pears and sauté stirring regularly until the pears are nicely caramelized.
- Cut the vanilla bean in half lengthways and then using the tip of your knife, remove the seeds from the bean.
- Add the cinnamon and vanilla seeds to the pears along with the water and stir very well. Set aside to cool.
- Once cool, you can stir the pears into the yogurt along with the walnuts and store in the fridge.
- If you want to do a nice presentation, place the yogurt in the bowl, top with the roasted pears and garnish with the walnuts.
Apples work very nicely in place of the pears.