This is an original idea for a pizza including a super tasty sauce. The black bean sauce is awesome and goes great with the other traditional Mexican ingredients like the tomatoes and avocado.
- Add all of the sauce ingredients together in a small mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Preheat your oven to 425° F and place the oven rack on the bottom.
- Now spread a liberal amount of bean sauce on to the pizza shell.
- To shred the chicken breast, cut in half or thirds and then tear into strips using your hands and following the natural fibres of the breast. Alternatively you can just dice or slice the chicken with a knife.
- Now add the chicken to the pizza and then top with the cheese.
- Bake in the oven on the bottom shelf until the pizza is lightly browned and crisp.
- Remove and then top with the lettuce, tomato and avocado and then drizzle with the yogurt. Cut into pieces and serve.
- PREP 12 mins
- COOK 12 mins
- The bean sauce does well with much more than just pizza. Try it in burritos, on top of scrambled or fried eggs or as a dipping sauce.
- To save a step you could always use regular pizza sauce in place of the bean sauce.