Calabrese Chicken Sauté
Balancing sweet and spicy, this stir-fry is awesome over quinoa, barley, brown rice or lentils.
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium heat. Add a little oil and then the chicken. You can lightly season the chicken if desired, but its not necessary.
- Once the chicken is almost cooked through and nicely browned on all sides, add the calabrese sausage and onion. Sauté for 3 or 4 minutes or until the onions are lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes more stirring frequently.
- Now add the oranges and basil and give a good stir. Make sure to release all the goodness stuck to the pan with the juicyness from the oranges.
- Serve this dish with your favourite whole grain and enjoy.
- PREP 20 mins
- COOK 20 mins
- Add in some peppers, zucchini, eggplant or fennel for some extra vegetable content.