Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Jalepeno Lime Chicken
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 15 mins
- Ready in 30 mins
Leave a Review
This sauce is a great way to top baked chicken breast, dip chicken strips or use it as a yummy stir-fry sauce. If you don’t have a food processor, then you can chop the onions fine by hand.
- Puree the onion, jalapeño and garlic in a food processor until its smooth.
- Preheat a medium pot on medium heat, add the oil and then the puree and cinnamon. Sauté for 8 – 10 minutes, stirring frequently (especially towards the end).
- Now add the coconut milk, peanut butter and lime juice, remove the pot from the heat and stir very well until everything is incorporated.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper until it tastes good. Now you are ready to serve right away or chill and store in the fridge until you are ready. Just make sure to heat it up when its time to serve.
- This recipe makes enough sauce for up to 4 portions of chicken.
For an ultra smooth sauce you can run it in the food processor again once all the ingredients are added.