Roasted Butternut Squash with Macadamia Nuts
- Prep time 30 mins
- Cook time 1 hour 30 mins
- Ready in 1 hour 30 mins
Picture this beauty on your table to compliment a special dinner. This is an easy way to cook squash and then we dress it up with a few tasty helpers. The crispy fried kale is amazing with the crunch of the macadamia nuts.
- Poke some holes in the butternut squash and then roast the in a 350° F oven for 1 ¼ – 1 ½ hours.
- Allow the squash to cool a little once it is cooked and then cut in half and remove the seeds and skin. Place the squash on a large plate or platter and mash it up a little.
- Toast the macadamia nuts in a hot pan, stirring constantly until lightly browned all over.
- Preheat a medium fry pan on medium high heat. Add a little oil and then the onions and ginger. Sauté until lightly browned and then toss over the squash.
- Now add a few tablespoons of avocado oil to a pan and heat on medium high. Once the oil is hot add the kale leaves and fry until crispy and then pour on top of the squash.
- Season the dish with sea salt, fresh ground pepper and chilli flakes to taste and serve warm or even at room temperature.
Skip the chipotle chilli flakes if you do not want it spicy.