- Prep time 20 mins
- Cook time 30 mins
- Ready in 50 mins
This is a traditional Caribbean creamed greens dish. There are a couple exotic greens there are traditionally used that are hard to get hands on…so let use spinach instead!
- Preheat a large pot on medium heat. Add the coconut oil and then the onions, garlic and hot pepper.
- Add in the coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- While the coconut milk is warming, wash your spinach really well and then wash in a salad spinner.
- Add the spinach to the pot, season with the salt and paprika and simmer without a lid on low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Once the simmering time is up, you can pulse the mixture with an immersion blender or counter top blender a little to bring it together. This will give it a nice rich green colour.
Sauté ½ cup of bacon lardons to start this recipe off and then resume with step 1 to give this dish an extra element of yum!