Low-carb Crepe Rolls
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 15 mins
- Ready in 30 mins
The point of this recipe is to give you a low-carb and high protein replacement for bread or wraps. While they are best served warm, you can make them ahead and serve them in a packed lunch as well. Stuff whatever savoury ingredients you want into your roll once it is cooked.
- Crepe batter:
- Filling options:
- Add all of the crepe batter ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk until very smooth.
- Preheat a small or medium cast iron or other healthy non-stick pan on medium heat. Smaller crepes will be easier to work with, but harder to stuff with ingredients.
- Once the pan is hot, melt enough butter to cover the bottom and then pour the crepe batter while tilting the pan around to get an even, thin (but not too thin) layer.
- After about 90 seconds, gently free the crepe on all sides, making sure it is not stuck to the pan and then carefully flip. Cook on the second side for about 30 seconds and then remove from the pan and set aside. Repeat until the batter is used up.
- Now you can break out your creative side and make your own crepe creation. Choose from the list of ingredients above or come up with your own creations.