Chipotle Black Bean Dip
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 15 mins
- Ready in 30 mins
This zesty dip has a black bean and tomato base spiced up with a nice kick of chipotle. Use this as a healthy dip for veggies and crackers or spread on thick to take your sandwich to the next level.
- Preheat a medium or large fry pan on medium heat then add the oil followed by the onions and garlic.
- Sauté, stirring frequently until the onions and garlic are nicely caramelized.
- Add the cumin seeds and sauté for 1 minute.
- Now add the tomato along with some of the juice and bring to a simmer.
- Once the liquid from the tomato has thickened up nicely transfer everything to a food processor or blender.
- Add the black beans, chipotle pepper and olive oil to the processor as well and puree until smooth.
- Now add in the basil, salt and pepper and pulse until combined and the basil is chopped. Serve immediately or keep refrigerated for up to 5 days. This recipe also freezes quite well.
Omit the tomatoes from this recipe for a beanier style dip…