Roasted Pear Pudding
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 10 mins
- Ready in 25 mins
This recipe makes for a tasty high protein snack that can comfortably carry you from one meal to the next. The roasted pears offer lots of natural sweetness and the cinnamon and vanilla round out the flavour of this pudding nicely.
- For a smooth textured pudding you will want to peel the pears or apples before dicing them. If you want the extra nutrition and don’t mind the texture, then leave the skin on.
- Heat a large fry pan on medium heat. Add the coconut oil or butter and then the pears. Sauté in the pan, stirring regularly until the pears are lightly caramelized and very soft.
- Once the pears are roasted nicely, add the cinnamon and sauté for 30 seconds or so to intensify the flavour and then add the vanilla. Let the pears cool to room temperature.
- Once cool, add the pears, to a food processor with the cottage cheese and yogurt. Puree until very smooth.
- This dish is quite sweet if you use ripe pears so taste before deciding whether you need the honey.
- Chill in the fridge for a couple hours to thicken up the pudding and then serve with the toasted coconut flake garnish.
If you are not a coconut fan, try adding 1 tablespoon chia seeds to the pudding either before pureeing or afterwards as a garnish.