Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Garlic Butter Cheese Toast
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 8 mins
- Ready in 25 mins
Leave a Review
This is a top notch garlic toast recipe. Actually it much more than that…whipped butter, garlic shallots, spices, herbs and Little Qualicum Cheese. So good and so worth the dietary spurge!
- The first thing you need to do on this one is whip the butter until it is nice and fluffly. This will take about 5 minutes using the beater attachment on high in your counter-top mixer or you can also use a handheld mixer.
- Once the butter is light and fluffy, add the garlic, shallot, lemon juice, salt, pepper and cumin seeds. Mix on high for another minute or 2 and then stir in the green onion and the cheese.
- Please now liberally smear the butter onto a loaf or half loaf of fresh baked French bread. Cut the loaf in half horizontally first and then apply.
- The next step is to bake the bread with your oven or toasted oven set on broil. Keep a close eye on it from about 6 minutes onward. It will take anywhere from 7 – 10 minutes depending on your broiler.
- Cut into portions and then sprinkle with chopped tomato and avocado and then Yum! Eating time 🙂
Use this butter on more than just toast. You can use it to finish off mashed potatoes, to melt over a steak hot off the grill or to finish off some steamed broccoli.