Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Mexican Spice Rubbed Chicken
- Prep time 10 mins
- Cook time 1 hour 30 mins
- Ready in 1 hour 40 mins
Leave a Review
This tasty and simple spice rub is great on chicken as the recipe suggests, but it works great on pork as well or sprinkled on fried eggs or refried beans or perhaps whatever your creative juices come up with.
- Mexican spice rub:
- No need to whip out the measuring spoons on this one if you don’t want to. Simply eyeball all of the ingredients by pouring carefully into a small mixing bowl. Portion the ingredients trying for roughly the same amount of cinnamon, chilli powder, cumin, salt and garlic powder.
- Cayenne powder is much more potent than the rest of the spices. So if you are sensitive to heat, use a measuring spoon for this one!
- Once the spices are stirred really well you can store them in an air tight container if you are not using them immediately.
- If you are ready to cook up some chicken, drizzle a little oil onto the chicken and liberally apply the spice rub on all sides.
- Roast the chicken at 400° F until cooked through and then eat some chicken.
If you like this rub make it in a bigger batch and keep it ready whenever you feel like adding some great flavour to many different dishes.