Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Yam and Chickpea Vindaloo
- Prep time 25 mins
- Cook time 25 mins
- Ready in 50 mins
Pre-made curry pastes can give you a big head start in adding flavour to your cooking. As you can see below, this is a very minimal ingredient recipe yet this dish is bursting with flavour. Serve this like a stew all by itself, or over top of rice or another grain.
- Preheat a large pot on medium heat. Once hot, add the oil and then the onions. Sauté, stirring regularly until onions begin to brown.
- Add the Vindaloo paste and sauté for another 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Now you can toss in the tomatoes, give a good stir and bring to a simmer.
- Add the yams and chickpeas and simmer until tender.
- Stir in the coconut milk, and then remove the pot from the heat and stir in the spinach until it wilts.
- Have a taste and add a little salt until just right, then serve by itself or over top of rice.
Additional veggies are welcome. Peppers, zucchini and eggplant would be a good place to start.
Reviews on "Yam and Chickpea Vindaloo" (4)