- Prep time 30 mins
- Cook time 15 mins
- Ready in 45 mins
These delicious little mini muffin like things are so tasty and delicious and loaded with goodness. They do have a bit of a crumbly texture which is lovely but can be messy, so don’t eat them in bed.
- If you do not have oat flour, you can make your own. Add some large flake oats to a food processor or blender and grind until you achieve fairly smooth flour.
- Add the flour to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Now add the oats, raisins, prunes, coconut, flax and quinoa and mix until everything is evenly distributed.
- The butter and coconut are easiest to measure after they are melted. How I approach this is by eyeballing about ¼ cup of each, then melting them together in the microwave and then measuring a ½ cup total of the blend. If you have any leftover, just it the next time you need some oil in a pan.
- Once you have the oil and butter in the bowl, add the honey, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and stir very well.
- Portion into 24 mini muffins in a mini muffin tin and bake off in a 325° F oven for 15 – 17 minutes. They should be lightly golden on top.
- Let the muffins cool for about 15 minutes and then remove from the muffin tins.
- Store in an airtight container for up 2 weeks or store in the freezer for longer storage.
They are also gluten free if you use GF oats and you can make these vegan by using all coconut oil instead of half butter and half coconut oil.