- Prep time 10 mins
- Cook time 2 mins
- Ready in 12 mins
This is probably my favourite way to prepare shrimp/prawns. It is quite simple…garlic, spice and white wine work together to flavour the beautiful texture of good quality shrimp.
- Defrost the shrimp overnight in the fridge. Once defrosted, peel leaving the tip of the tail on for an enhanced presentation if you desire. You can reserve and freeze the peeled shells to flavour a broth another day.
- Pat the shrimp dry with paper towel and then season to taste with salt, pepper and chili flakes, keeping in mind the chili flakes pack a bit of a spicy punch.
- Preheat a stainless steel pan or tapa dish on high heat. Once hot add the oil then the garlic. Stir the garlic and then immediately add your shrimp. Give a good stir to distribute the garlic and then make sure each shrimp is on its side.
- Cook about 30 seconds and then flip the shrimp on to the other side.
- After another 30 seconds carefully add the white wine, stir again making sure there is nothing stuck on the bottom of the pan/dish and remove from the heat.
- Add the parsley and serve immediately with a bit of baguette to dip in the left over garlic and wine oil.
Adding a little chopped shallot in with the garlic is a great way to increase the flavour.