Crispy Fish Tacos
- Prep time 30 mins
- Cook time 10 mins
- Ready in 40 mins
This habanero mango salsa is the perfect accompaniment to crispy fried local fish. Homemade tortillas, crème fraise and ancho chili sauce knock it out of park.
- For the fish:
- For the salsa:
- Mix the ingredients for the batter and set aside.
- Cut the fish into 1/2 inch strips, season on all sides and set aside.
- Make the salsa up and then transfer it into a strainer placed over a bowl. Let the juices drip out for about 20 minutes. Pour the juice into a very small pan or pot and concentrate as much as you can without burning it. Add the juice back to the salsa. Set aside.
- Now pour the litre of oil into a large pot and heat it to 375° F.
- Dredge the fish in the batter so that it is completely covered, let any excess slide off and then carefully place in the oil. The best way to do this is to submerge half of the fish in the oil for about 5 seconds and then carefully let go.
- Cook the fish until browned very well, flip it over and repeat on the other side.
As you see in the ingredients, the fish possibilities are endless. You can experiment and find your favourite!