Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Portabella Rosemary Mushroom Butter
- Prep time 20 mins
- Cook time 10 mins
- Ready in 30 mins
This fantastic whipped butter is delicious spread on toast, melted and drizzled on popcorn or used to flavour mashed potatoes or grilled vegetables. You can make it up and keep it in the fridge for up to two weeks or portion and freeze if you need a longer storage timeline.
- Start this recipe off by frying up the mushrooms. Preheat a large fry pan on medium-high heat. Now add 2 tablespoons of butter and then once it is melted add the mushrooms, shallot and garlic. Sauté, stirring regularly for about 4 minutes or until the mushroom are ever so slightly browned.
- Add the rosemary, salt, pepper and cumin and stir to incorporate.
- Remove the mixture from the fry pan and allow it to cool down to room temperature.
- Add the butter and lemon juice to a stand mixer or use a hand mixer with a deep bowl and using the paddle, whip the butter for about 5 minutes on high until it is light and fluffy.
- Once the mushroom mixture has cooled you can add it to the pan. Whip into the butter for a few minutes to incorporate really well.
- Now it is ready to use. If you are not going to use it up within a couple weeks, portion into small containers and freeze to be enjoyed another day.
You can try experimenting with different mushrooms for different flavoured butters.
Reviews on "Portabella Rosemary Mushroom Butter" (1)