Recipe by Chef Heidi Fink
Air Fryer Teriyaki Salmon
- Prep time 30 mins
- Cook time 6 mins
- Ready in 36 mins
- Yield Serves 4
This is a quick, healthy, delicious weeknight meal, loved by everyone in the family! This is especially easy if the teriyaki sauce is already made. The teriyaki sauce lasts in the fridge for two weeks.
- Link to Teriyaki Sauce recipe
- Start the rice cooking first.
- Pat the salmon fillets dry and place on a plate. Brush each fillet liberally with teriyaki sauce; place plate in the fridge for 20 minutes to let salmon marinate.
- Meanwhile, preheat the air-fryer to 400 F
- Meanwhile, prepare vegetables. Peel & slice carrot, cut green onions, chop gai lan (or broccolini or broccoli).
- Once the rice has finished cooking, remove from heat, but leave the lid on and let it sit, undisturbed, until rady to serve dinner.
- Place the salmon skin-side down in the air fryer. It will take about 6 to 7 minutes to cook.
- While the salmon is cooking, cook the vegetable stir fry. Preheat a large skillet or saute pan over high heat. Add oil and swirl to coat bottom. Add carrots and stir fry for about 30 seconds. Add green onions and stir fry for about 30 seconds. Add prepared gai lan (or broccolini or broccoli) and stir fry for about 1 minute.
- Add 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce to the pan and stir well. Reduce heat to medium and let mixture cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 to 4 minutes, until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in toasted sesame oil.
- When salmon is very close to done, brush wth additional teriyaki sauce. Let cook for about 30 more seconds. Salmon should be between 120 F and 130 F when done.
- Place a scoop of rice, a scoop of stir-fried vegetables, and a fillet of salmon on each of 4 plates. Sprinkle each serving with sesame seeds and serve immediately.