Greek Style Chicken Thigh Sheet Pan Dinner
- Prep time 20 mins
- Cook time 45 mins
- Ready in 1 hour 5 mins
- Yield Serves 4
This tasty, herbaceous, and refreshing twist on a chicken thigh sheet pan dinner takes its inpsiration from Greek ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C), using the convection setting, if you have it. Cover a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place chicken in a large bowl. Add 22 ml (1-1/2 TB) olive oil, 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) salt, 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) pepper, and 5 ml (1 tsp) dried oregano, making sure to crush the dried oregano leaves in your hands. Mix everything to coat the chicken well in oil and seasonings. Place at spaced intervals on the prepared baking tray.
- Place the prepared potato and sliced onion in the same bowl. Add 15 ml (1 Tb) olive oil, 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) salt, 1.5 ml (1/4 tsp) pepper, and 5 ml (1 tsp) dried oregano. Mix well. Place on tray, in the spaces between the chicken, making sure to spread out the vegetables in an even layer.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the prepared peppers and zucchini in the bowl, adding 15 ml (1 Tb) olive oil, 1.5 ml (1/4 tsp) salt, 1.5 ml (1/4 tsp) pepper, and 5 ml (1 tsp) dried oregano. Mix well.
- Once 30 minutes has passed, bring the sheet pan out of the oven and place on a metal rack or heat-proof surface. Add the seasoned peppers and zucchini to the tray, scattering it as evenly as possible.
- Return the tray to the oven and bake about 10 to 15 minutes more. Turn the broiler on for the last minute of cooking if you need more colour on the chicken skin and vegetables (this step will be more important if you didn’t have a convection setting in your oven).
- During the final cooking stage, you can slice the cherry tomatoes in half and mix them in a small clean bowl with the remaining 7 ml (1/2 TB) olive oil, 1.5 ml (1/4 tsp) salt, and a few grinds of black pepper, as well as the parsley. Mix well.
- As soon as the sheet pan comes out of the oven, sprinkle it all over with crumbled feta, and then top with the cherry tomato mixture, Serve immediately.
Air Fryer Variation – serves 2 to 3 people
Use 2/3 of the recipe size (4 chicken thighs, 4 potatoes, a smaller onion, etc). Set your air-fryer to 400 and 25 minutes. Preheat the airfryer basket before putting the chicken, potatoes, and onions in. Cook for only 20 minutes before adding the peppers and zucchini. Cook for 5 minutes longer. Remove basket, sprinkle with feta and cherry tomato mixture