Balsamic Beef and Veggie Skewers
- Prep time 30 mins
- Cook time 8 mins
- Ready in 40 mins
These are tasty packages and they present beautifully. Choose your favourite veggies and load up with steak or if you prefer you could make them veggie only and skip the beef. Just don’t get mad at me if that crazy ol’ lady says “where’s the beef”?
- For the balsamic butter:
- Make up the balsamic butter first. Add the balsamic to a small pot or fry pan and reduce by half.
- Once reduced, stir in the butter until incorporated. Add the garlic, shallots, salt, cumin, chili powder and black pepper. Stir again.
- Now you can make up your skewers. I always like to start with steak and finish with steak and alternate each of your selected ingredients in between. Steak, pepper, mushroom, red onion, zucchini, repeat…
- Once your skewers are made up its time to liberally brush on the balsamic butter. Using a pastry brush paint the skewers all over until nicely coated. You can marinate in the fridge for a few hours at this point if you so desire or hit the grill right away.
- Once you are ready preheat your BBQ until it is nice and hot. After preheating place your skewers on the grill and cook until the steak is done to your liking. I prefer medium rare, so about 4 minutes per side on a hot grill works pretty well.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
To make this recipe super simple, you can make the balsamic butter very simple but using the reduced balsamic, butter and salt only.