Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Winter Slaw with Creamy Chipotle Dressing
- Prep time 20 mins
- Ready in 20 mins
Leave a Review
Cabbage is best know as the star in coleslaw’s around the world. This unique take on slaw will leave your taste buds buzzing with excitement and asking for more. Make in batches and enjoy for several days to come.
- For the dressing:
- Get your slaw veggies prepped up. Take your time and slice the cabbage and kale thin and then toss the rest of the veggies together in large mixing bowl. Store in a container until you are ready to mix your slaw.
- For the sunflower seeds, it is best to buy nuts and seeds raw and then toast them yourself. Preheat a medium fry pan on med-med-hi heat. Add the seeds and then keep them moving until lightly toasted. Remove from the pan and set aside to cool.
- Now mix up your dressing in a blender or small food processor. Add everything but the oil and blend until smooth.
- With the machine running, slowly add the oil until you get the desired consistency. The more you add the thicker the dressing will get.
- Time to mix the dressing with the veggies. You can do this just before serving for a very crunchy slaw, or mix it up the day before to soften the veggies a little more.
- Serve on the side of your main meal or make this your main meal with a side of protein as this salad is a nutritional powerhouse.
Add in many different veggies to keep your slaw mix interesting. Shredded broccoli stalks, sliced celery, peppers or cauliflower, bean sprouts or daikon are all good choices.