Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Spice Rubbed Rockfish with Rooibos Cream
- Prep time 25 mins
- Cook time 8 mins
- Ready in 35 mins
This spice rub is easy and very effective and works equally well on the rockfish, halibut or even chicken. Serve this up with rice or even better some zucchini noodle, just like the picture!
- For the rub:
- For the sauce:
- Start this off by making up the rub and setting aside.
- Now it is time to start the sauce…preheat a small pot on medium heat. Add the oil and then the onions and ginger. Sauté, stirring regularly until the onions are beginning to brown and they have softened.
- Add the coconut milk, lime zest and juice and bring to a simmer.
- After about 5 minutes add the tea bags and remove the pot from the heat. Let the tea bags steep for 5 minutes and then squeeze them between two spoons to extract maximum flavour.
- You are now ready to cook your fish. Sprinkle the spice rub liberally on both sides of the fish.
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium high heat. Once the pan is smoking hot, add the oil and then the fish. Cook for 3 – 5 minutes per side depending on how thick the fillet is.
Reviews on "Spice Rubbed Rockfish with Rooibos Cream" (3)