Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Coconut Lemongrass Crème Brulee
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 35 mins
- Ready in 2 hours
Leave a Review
• An option to make it a little sweeter and creamier you can add ¼ cup of chopped
- Heat the milk and coconut milk on a stove top on medium heat along with the lemongrass. Simmer for 15 minutes to infuse the lemongrass into the milks.
- In the meantime whisk the egg yolks and the sugar together until well incorporated.
- Once the lemongrass is infused, strain to remove.
- While whisking, add about ¼ of the hot milk into the yolk/sugar mixture. This is to temper the eggs so they don’t get cooked from the hot milk. Now, while whisking add the rest of the milk.
- Now you are ready to cook. Either cook traditionally in a water bath in a 350˚ F oven. This will take about 20 – 30 minutes to set them. You want to cook them until they are barely set. Overcooking them is not ideal.
- Alternatively you can do it the easy way if you have a pressure cooker. 8 minutes on low pressure with manual steam release is all it takes.
An option to make it a little sweeter and creamier you can add ¼ cup of chopped white chocolate to the hot milk after the lemongrass is removed.