Grilled Pineapple with Ice Cream and Chocolate Sauce
- PREP 14 mins
- COOK 10 mins
- READY IN 25 mins
Caramelizing pineapple on the grill is a great way to add a lovely charred flavour to this dessert and once we combine that with the milk chocolate sauce and a rich vanilla bean ice cream…dynamite!
- With a sharp chef’s knife, cut the top and the bottom off the pineapple. Now stand the pineapple on one of the cut sides and start slicing off the rind. Working carefully continue to work your way around the pineapple cutting the rind off until you are left with a rind free flesh.
- Now cut from top of the pineapple to the bottom along one side of the core. Turn the pineapple 180 degrees and repeat. To finish this off make two more cuts on either side of the core and then cut the pineapple into wedges.
- Preheat your BBQ on high, drizzle the pineapple with a little oil or butter and then grill for about 4 minutes per side. Make sure to get some nice grill marks on both sides.
- Add the whipping cream to a small pot or fry pan and heat on medium high. Once the cream comes to a boil remove from the heat and add the milk chocolate. Stir until the chocolate has melted and incorporated and set aside to cool.
- Now its time to plate up. Place two slices of pineapple on a plate, add one or two scoops of ice cream, drizzle with chocolate sauce and garnish with pistachios. Yumm Yumm eat it up.
If you have some pineapple left over and don’t think you will use up right away, frozen pineapple is great for smoothies down the road!