Surf and Turf Coconut Curry
- Prep time 40 mins
- Cook time 20 mins
- Ready in 1 hour
This is a fantastic upscale version on Surf and Turf, let me tell you. It is also hyper local…the spice rub, the sausage, the fish and the prawns. Make this.
- Preheat a large pot or a high sided fry pan on medium-high heat. Add the oil and then the sausage. We want to give the sausage a bit of a head start on the rest of the ingredients, so brown them nicely.
- Once you turn the sausage on to the last side, add the turmeric, ginger and red onion to the pan and saute, stirring regularly for a few minutes.
- Add in the red peppers and saute for another few minutes and then carefully add the coconut milk.
- Be sure to scrape the bottom of the pan and release any stuck on goodness.
- Now add the spices and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, cover your vessel with a lid and allow it to simmer for 6 or 7 minutes, trying to keep the sausages nestled into the coconut milk.
- Now you can add the rockfish, nestle into the coconut milk, place a lid on it and simmer for 4 or 5 minutes.
- Finally, add the prawns, cover and simmer for another 1 – 2 minutes.
- Give a good stir and we are ready to serve. You can enjoy this as a chowder as is or perhaps make it a hearty meal and serve over-top of rice, quinoa or noodles.
Make this a hearty chowder by adding cooked, diced potatoes and/or yams as well as black beans or chickpeas.