Recipe by Chef Heidi Fink
Tandoori Marinated Chicken
- Prep time 25 mins
- Cook time 15 mins
- Ready in 40 mins
- Yield Serves 8
The first stage of this recipe can be made and left in the fridge for up to two days, resulting in chicken with a maximum flavour punch! Loved by kids and adults alike, try this Tandoori chicken with some naan (or pita) and a cucumber salad for a delicious, refreshing meal.
- Tandoori Marinade
- For tandoori marinade: Process all ingredients together in a blender or food processor until finely pureed. Transfer to a bowl.
- To prepare the chicken thigh: slash the skin three times and poke all over with a skewer. This allows the marinade to penetrate better and for the skin to crisp up.
- To prepare the chicken breast: slice the thick part of the brest in half (like a bagel) to make thinner cutlets. Cut the large piece in two. You will end up with three pieces of chicken breast that are approximately the same size and thickeness.
- Add prepared chicken to the bowl with the tandoori marinade and stir to mix well. Cover and put in the fridge (the marinated chicken can be transferred to a container first for easier storage). Allow to marinate for a minimum of two hours and up to two days.
- TIP: it’s easiest to make this the night before, or in the morning, and allow to marinate all day until you are ready to cook supper.
- When ready to cook, drain chicken well and discard marinade. Preheat oven to 400°F. Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- For Chicken thigh: transfer chicken to parchment-lined paper, putting the skin side down. Place in the oven and roast skin side down for 25 minutes, then turn skin side up for 10 to 20 minutes longers, until skin is crispy and chicken meat is fully cooked (185 F on a thermometer, or juices run clear and meat pulls easily from the bone). If desired, place chicken under the broiler for a minute or two at the end of cooking to brown the top a little.
- For chicken breast: Transfer chicken to parchment paper. Place in hot oven and roast about 10 to 12 minutes until cooked through. I often roast this with the broiler set on high for more browning.
- TIP: both types of chicken can also be cooked on a grill.
Reviews on "Tandoori Marinated Chicken" (8)