- Prep time 20 mins
- Cook time 10 mins
- Ready in 30 mins
If you want a tasty and fulfilling burger that is bun-less, this is the one. Hummus really takes the place of the bun and the mayo for that matter. Then the sweet flavour of the grilled red onion join forces with the Kimchi and we are left with a fantastic meal.
- Burger mix:
- Mix up your burger mix just before you are ready to grill. Before we mix our ingredients, roast the garlic in a small pot or pan with a few tablespoons of high smoke point oil.
- Now combine the beef, hemp hearts, cumin, salt, molasses, sriracha and garlic in a medium mixing bowl and mix to combine until everything is evenly distributed. Form 4 patties.
- Preheat the BBQ, grill pan or any large heavy weight fry pan on med-med-hi. If you don’t have room for everything, grill the onion slices first trying your best to keep the rings of each slice intact for easy grilling. Season the onions and set aside for now.
- Once the onions are done, grill the burger patties until nicely caramelized on the outside and just cooked through.
- Plate up your bun-less burger dish. Put ¼ of the hummus on each plate you are serving up. Next scatter the rings of 1 slice of onion on each plate, top with the perfectly cooked burger and then garnish with a scattering of the chopped Homemade Carrot Sriracha Kimchi…about ¼ cup each plate or more!
- Serve and enjoy this amazing meal.
Certainly throw this burger on to a bun, your favourite bun, if you have a hankering. Use all the same ingredients to dress the burger though…a spread of hummus, grilled red onion, and kimchi. Yum!