Grilled Striploin Steak Salad
- Prep time 25 mins
- Cook time 20 mins
- Ready in 45 mins
This salad is delish and a super nutritious wholesome meal. The dressing is simple but amazing and loaded with flavour as it releases all the wonderful flavours from the pan roasted steak. You are going to love it!
- Veggies for roasting:
- Start by getting your veggies roasted. Combine the onion, yam and zucc on a roasting pan and place in a preheated 400 ºF oven. Roast until nicely browned and softened.
- While the veggies are roasting, you can grill your steak! Start off by drizzling a little oil and then seasoning liberally with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a cast iron pan or grill pan on medium high heat. Roast the steak to your desired doneness and then remove from the pan to rest.
- After removing the steak, add a touch more oil if necessary and then add the garlic and shallot. Sauté until caramelized and then add the balsamic vinegar. Reduce the vinegar by half and remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the olive oil, give a good stir and make sure to remove any stuck on bits on the bottom of the pan. Transfer the dressing to a small bowl.
- Now for the culmination. Combine the roasted veggies with the romaine lettuce. Place in a bowl, then slice the steak into strips and place on top of the salad mix. Finally drizzle liberally with the warm dressing and serve immediately.
Add some croutons to make this a little more hearty!