Cumin Roasted Yam and Egg
- PREP 20 mins
- COOK 20 mins
- READY IN 40 mins
Starting your day off with a dose of veggies may be just what you need to start on the right foot. I love this dish as it is loaded with flavour and nutrition. With a good dose of garlic, make sure you save time to brush your teeth before you head out for the day.
- Steam the yams until they are cooked but not mushy (about 10 mins.) and set aside for the moment.
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium heat. Add the coconut oil and then the onions and garlic and sauté until lightly browned, stirring regularly.
- Now add the yams, rosemary and cumin to the pan and sauté for another couple of minutes and then plate. * Note * if you wanted to get a head start on this, you can cool the yam mixture at this stage and store in the fridge. Then all you have to do is warm the mix and cook your eggs when you are ready to eat.
- Remove any residue from your pan, reheat and then fry your eggs. I like to do over-easy or sunny side up as the runny yolk is so delicious with the yams, but make them as you like them.
- Place the cooked eggs on top of the yams and garnish with the parmesan cheese and then watch your tummy smile.
Serve with a couple slices of thick sliced bacon for the ultimate finishing touch.