Warm Asparagus Salad
- Prep time 25 mins
- Cook time 10 mins
- Ready in 25 mins
This is a delicious rich salad perfect for spring time. With lots of local ingredients you are doing a great job of supporting local purveyors which makes them happy and when you taste this warm salad concoction, your mouth will be happy too.
- Preheat the fry pan on medium heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring regularly until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic and shallot and sauté for a couple minutes, stirring regularly and then add the bread cubes.
- Add the butter once the bread is in the pan and toast until nice and toasty on all sides.
- Start steaming your asparagus about when you put the garlic and shallots into the fry pan. I like to steam the asparagus until it is just a little softened but still a little crunchy.
- Place the asparagus onto a platter and then top with the contents of the pan.
- Finish off with a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar and serve warm.
Green beans will work very well in place of the asparagus for something the same but different.