Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Warm Asparagus Salad
- Prep time 25 mins
- Cook time 10 mins
- Ready in 25 mins
This is a delicious rich salad perfect for spring time. With lots of local ingredients you are doing a great job of supporting local purveyors which makes them happy and when you taste this warm salad concoction, your mouth will be happy too.
- Preheat the fry pan on medium heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring regularly until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic and shallot and sauté for a couple minutes, stirring regularly and then add the bread cubes.
- Add the butter once the bread is in the pan and toast until nice and toasty on all sides.
- Start steaming your asparagus about when you put the garlic and shallots into the fry pan. I like to steam the asparagus until it is just a little softened but still a little crunchy.
- Place the asparagus onto a platter and then top with the contents of the pan.
- Finish off with a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar and serve warm.
Green beans will work very well in place of the asparagus for something the same but different.
Reviews on "Warm Asparagus Salad" (2)