Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Phillips Root Beer and Apple BBQ Sauce
- Prep time 10 mins
- Cook time 25 mins
- Ready in 35 mins
Root beer apple BBQ sauce…so good. Make your own BBQ sauce and you will not regret it. Using the Phillips root beer ensures that there will be lots of flavours to coat your steak, ribs or chicken. Give it a go!
- Start of by concentrating the root beer in a small pot along with the tomato and molasses.
- Meanwhile, sauté the onions with the apple and garlic, stirring regularly in a small pan until nicely caramelized.
- Add the salt and cinnamon and sauté for another minute or so stirring constantly.
- Immediately add the vinegar and release any stuck on goodness from the pan and transfer everything to the root beer pot.
- Continue to simmer the root beer until you create a nice consistency.
- Now using an immersion blender or counter-top blender, puree until nice and smooth. Adjust the consistency if necessary with a little more Root Beer if it is too thick.
- You are now ready to use your BBQ sauce as you would any other.
Reviews on "Phillips Root Beer and Apple BBQ Sauce" (2)