Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Pork and Cashew Stir-fry
- Prep time 30 mins
- Cook time 15 mins
- Ready in 45 mins
Leave a Review
As you can see from the photo, this stir-fry presents beautifully with that vibrant red cabbage and I can tell you that it is very tasty too! You can serve it as is for a light meal or pair it up with rice for something a little more hardy.
- First off we need to slice up the pork. Cut it into stir-fry strips cutting across the grain whenever possible.
- Now preheat a large fry pan on medium high heat. Add a couple tablespoons of oil and then add the pork. Sauté until lightly browned on both sides.
- Add the ginger and eggplant and sauté for about 3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Now add the carrots and cashews and sauté for another 2 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Once the eggplant has browned add the Tamari, water or broth, chilli powder, fish sauce and vinegar. Give a stir and then simmer for about 5 minutes until the liquid reduces by half.
- Add the kale and stir to wilt and then serve.
Cashews are a little pricy, so you can save a few bucks by going with sunflower seeds instead.