- Prep time 15 mins
- Ready in 15 mins
I have to say that since I started making homemade eggnog, the stuff in the carton is just not the same. The light and fluffy texture of this recipe is amazing and with a hint of coffee it is to die for!
- Make your espresso and set aside.
- Whip the egg whites to firm peaks and set aside.
- In a separate bowl whip the egg yolks until they go pale and have nearly doubled in volume.
- Add the coconut sugar to the egg yolks and continue mixing until the sugar is pretty well incorporated.
- Now stir the espresso, milk, whipping cream and nutmeg into the egg yolks.
- Finally whisk the egg whites into the mixture and serve immediately.
- You can make up to an hour ahead of time and keep in the fridge but you will need to give it a stir just before pouring.
Omit the espresso and add in spiced rum for a classic Festivus libation.