Roasted Yam and Mushroom Stuffing
- PREP 30 mins
- COOK 1 hour
- READY IN 1 hour 30 mins
Do you need a new stuffing recipe…one that can rock the table with it’s deliciousness? This is it. Lots of fantastic flavour popping out of this recipe and amazing texture too! Give this one a try for something a little different whether it’s on the Christmas/Thanksgiving table or just for any dinner. In fact, this could be dinner all by itself.
- Get this party started by frying the mushrooms. Preheat a large fry pan on medium high and add 2 tablespoons clarified butter. Fry the mushrooms in batches until nicely browned, stirring regularly. Do not overload the pan and add more clarified butter as needed. Once each batch is browned, add it to a large casserole dish and start the next batch.
- When the last batch of mushrooms starts to brown, add the shallots and garlic to the pan and then once everything is nicely caramelized add the fresh thyme.
- Transfer everything to the casserole dish.
- Now add the yam, bread, salt and pepper and toss to evenly distribute.
- Drizzle the chicken broth over everything and top the stuffing with quinoa and sunflower seeds.
- Bake in a 400˚F oven until the yams are soft and the quinoa crispy. It will take 60 – 70 minutes.
- Serve immediately as a side or enjoy as an entrée.
- Sourdough bread would make this have a totally different character. I am going to try it next time!