Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Thai Curry Raclette Mac and Cheese
- Prep time 25 mins
- Cook time 25 mins
- Ready in 50 mins
Here it is folks: the winning recipe from the 2018 Mount St. Mary Mac & Cheese Cook-off. I worked hard on this one and it came together beautifully. Hope you enjoy!
- You can begin this recipe by cooking some chicken thighs. After they are cooked, shred them with two forks against the grain and then place them on a baking sheet, drizzle with honey and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper and then roast under the broiler of your oven until they are nicely caramelized.
- Next, cook your noodles. Cook them so that they are still el-dente (firm) and then strain the water off, and place the noodles on a cookie sheet without running water on them to cool. (If you run water over your noodles, you end up with wet noodles that thin your sauce). Drizzle with a touch of oil so they don’t stick together.
- Now let’s make the sauce. Start by roasting the shallots and garlic. Sauté on medium heat with a little oil until they begin to brown.
- Add the curry paste and sauté for another minute or so. Pour in the whip cream, bring to a simmer and then add the cream cheese, salt, pepper and Raclette. Stir until the cheese is melted.
- For a refined version, pour the sauce into a blender and puree until totally smooth then add back to the pot on low heat.
- Add in the noodles and stir until the sauce thickens up a little and serve immediately garnished with the green onion, tomato and crispy chicken.
Try out Little Qualicum Spice for a bit of a different cheese sauce experience.