Honey Garlic Chicken Wings with Vanilla Orange Aoili
- Prep time 30 mins
- Cook time 40 mins
- Ready in 1 hour
This is an amazing way to enjoy one of my favourite cuts of poultry. The honey garlic is a classic wing sauce, but we really bring it up a notch with an amazing Vanilla Orange Aioli.
- Preheat the oven to 375º F.
- Add the honey, oil, salt, pepper and garlic to a large frying pan and bring to a simmer.
- Once hot, add the chicken wings and toss until the wings are nicely coated and then transfer to a large baking sheet or 2 smaller sheets. Make sure that there is a bit of space between each of the wings so they can effectively caramelize.
- Bake for about 35 – 40 minutes until the wings are cooked through and nice and tender.
- For the aioli, add the yolks, garlic, vanilla, lime and orange juice, cardamom, salt and orange zest (everything but the oil) to your blender. Blend on low starting with the lid on the blender jar. Then remove the lid and slowly drizzle in the oil until you get the aioli to your desired consistency. Some like it thick, some like it thin. What do you like?
- Serve the wings hot, sprinkled with sesame seeds and with a side of aioli and you will likely be very happy in short order.
You can make the aioli by hand as well. Just mince the garlic, then add all the ingredients (except the oil) to a mixing and slowly whisk the oil in until you get your desired consistency.