Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Whipped Goat Cheese Crostini
- PREP 20 mins
- COOK 15 mins
- READY IN 30 mins
Homemade crackers are easy and so delicious with Portofino Pretzel Buns. Combine those with an easy whipped goat cheese and some roasted red pepper and you have a delicious appy.
- Start this recipe by making the roasted red peppers. Cut your pepper in half from top to bottom and remove the seeds and veins.
- Place on a baking sheet, skin side up and brush with a little oil. Place into the oven on the top rack with the oven set to broil. Roast the peppers until they are burnt.
- Let the peppers cool and then remove and discard the skin. Next slice the peppers very thin.
- Now let’s work on the crostini. Turn your oven on to 375° F and the slice the hot dog buns into roughly ¼ inch slices.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and then drizzle liberally with olive oil, sprinkle lightly with the salt and pepper and then place in the preheated oven. Bake until they are toasted and crispy. Take care to not burn!
- Now take the goat cheese and put it in a mixing bowl. Whip with a hand held mixer until nice and fluffy.
- Add the shallot and garlic and mix again.
- Now you are ready to assemble. Spread some of the goat cheese on the crostini, garnish with the sliced red pepper some fresh chopped herbs and enjoy!
Drizzle a bit of balsamic reduction to add some amazing flavour.