Grilled Corn and Yam with Cumin Lime Butter
- PREP 20 mins
- COOK 10 mins
- READY IN 30 mins
Fun and unique, this is a great way to enjoy corn on the cob and yams. The butter is loaded with flavour and is a great way to boost your enjoyment of many things cooked in butter. Experiment and find your favourite use.
- Cumin Lime Butter:
- Using a hand mixer, whisk together all the ingredients for the butter. Once the butter is softened and everything is incorporated set aside for the moment.
- Now peel and cut the yam into wedges. Drizzle with a touch of oil.
- For the corn, peel the husk back, remove the hairs under the husk and rub the corn with the butter. Afterwards pull the husk back up covering the corn kernels once again.
- You can head out to the BBQ now! Once your grill is hot, place the corn down and arrange the yams so they are across the grills the long way. This will prevent them from falling through.
- Turn the yams and corn after about 4 – 6 minutes depending on how hot your grill is and cook on the other side.
- After cooking remove from the grill and spread a little of the butter on the hot yams.
- Serve this up family style with your favourite BBQ dishes and have a delicious patio dinner!
Substitute the cumin with a few pinches of cinnamon instead. This will give the butter a slightly different identity.