Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Bacon Cheddar Individual Quiches
- Prep time 20 mins
- Cook time 20 mins
- Ready in 40 mins
Leave a Review
These delicious muffin cup quiches are a great option for a quick breakfast or snack. You can bake them off and then enjoy them over the coming days either reheated or cold. I like them both ways.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F and line a muffin pan with 9 muffin cups.
- Slice the bacon into little strips and fry them in a pan until crispy, stirring occasionally. Drain off the excess fat to aid in making them crispy.
- Add the garlic towards the end of browning and sauté, stirring regularly.
- In the meantime, while the bacon is cooking, whisk together the eggs with the coconut milk, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Once the eggs and coconut milk are completely incorporated, stir in the broccoli as well as the cooked bacon and garlic (once it is finished).
- Now its time to fill the muffin cups. Ladle the mixture evenly between the 9 cups, giving a quick stir before each scoop to ensure even distribution.
- Top each quiche with a sprinkle of cheese and then bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- You can enjoy these immediately or cool and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Mix up the ingredients and you can make so many variations. It is good to roast or sauté veggies like peppers, onions and mushrooms before adding them to the quiche mix to remove some of the water content.