Snowball Simmered Steak
- Prep time 10 mins
- Cook time 2 hours 20 mins
- Ready in 2 hours 30 mins
This is probably one of the easiest ways to delicious and tender meat. Minimal ingredients, quick prep time and fantastic results…this steak is made especially delicious because of the Snowball Sauce which hails from Langford, BC!
- Start this one off by preheating a large fry pan on medium-high heat and add the oil and butter.
- Once the butter is melted, add the steaks, season with salt and pepper and then brown nicely on both sides.
- Transfer the steaks to a heavy duty sheet of aluminum foil or a medium sized casserole dish.
- Now add the onions and garlic to the fry pan and sauté until they are nicely browned and then top the steaks with onions.
- Also add the tomatoes and enough Snowball to come about half way up the steaks. If you are cooking in foil then bring the top and bottom together and fold neatly a few times to create a nice seal. Repeat with the ends and again try to get a nice seal.
- Cook in your toaster oven if you have one and if you are using the foil or in the regular oven if using the casserole dish. Bake at 300° F for about 2 hours.
- Serve your steak over top small chopped steamed cauliflower for a nice light meal or with your favourite grain for something a little more sustaining.
Add some sliced red and/or green peppers to go with the onions for some extra veg.