Cheddar Smokie Macaroni
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 15 mins
- Ready in 30 mins
This is a super simple yet still tasty recipe and is great to send in a thermos for the kid’s lunch or take with you to work. It’s also a great quick meal when you do not have a lot of time to put dinner on the table. It’s a good go-to!
- Begin this recipe by pureeing the cauliflower into the tomato sauce in a blender or food processor.
- Now follow the instructions on the package and cook the quinoa macaroni. Once it’s cooked and rinsed, set aside for the moment.
- Now preheat a large fry pan on medium heat. Add some oil or butter and then the smokies and sauté until lightly browned.
- Now add the cauliflower infused tomato sauce to the pan with the smokies and bring to a simmer.
- Finally add the broccoli and noodles and warm for a few minutes, stirring regularly.
- Finally add the cheese and melt into the sauce stirring until incorporated.
- Serve it hot or cool it down to be warmed later.
If you are making this for you kiddos and they are not down with the broccoli, let them choose another veggie to put in its place. Peppers, tomato, carrots, peas….