Mango Shrimp and Avocado Salad Rolls
- Prep time 25 mins
- Cook time 3 mins
- Ready in 25 mins
These are delicious and fresh and full of flavour. Just the shrimp portion of this recipe is fantastic on its own, but to take that and combine it with mango and avocado and roll it in rice paper, well that takes it from fantastic to off the hook.
- For the shrimp:
- Other indredients:
- Peel your shrimp and dry them if needed and then place them in a bowl. Add the shallots and garlic and season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Stir well.
- Preheat your fry pan on medium-high heat. Making sure the pan is hot, add your oil, wait for it to heat up and then add the seasoned shrimp. They will cook quickly and only need about 60 – 90 seconds on each side, so take care to not overcook.
- Once they shrimp are cooked through, add the soy sauce and vinegar and transfer to a clean bowl immediately.
- Now you are good to roll. Get your ingredients all lined up as well as a fry pan filled with hot water (for soaking your rice paper).
- Just work on 1 at a time. Soak your rice paper in the hot water for about 10 seconds. You want it so it is still a little ‘rubbery’ as it will continue to soften after it comes out of the water. If you soak it for too long, the paper will get quite soft and tear easier.
- Place the filling ingredients on the lower half of the paper. Now fold over the sides and then fold the bottom edge over and roll away from you.
- Plate the rolls individually or if you are making a platter place them so they are in a single layer with a bit of space between them.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate if you are serving them later.
Serve these delicious gems with a little hoisin dipping sauce.