Mexican Squash and Beef Stew
- Prep time 30 mins
- Cook time 1 hour 10 mins
- Ready in 1 hour 30 mins
This may be one of the easiest stew recipes out there. Just a few steps and you will be slow cooking/pressure cooking something super delicious.
- Place the beef shoulder blade roast or cubes into the pressure/slow cooker.
- Arrange the squash around the roast.
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium-hi heat and then add a little oil and then the onions and garlic. Sauté, stirring regularly until the onions are caramelized.
- Add the celery and sauté for another 2 minutes and then add the veggies to the cooker.
- Next up, add the liquids and spices. Add the Ranchero sauce, coconut milk, cumin and salt making sure to pour the liquid down the sides as opposed to on top of the roast.
- Slow cook on low for 8 – 9 hours or pressure cook for 70 minutes on high with a natural release.
- Check the seasoning of the stew and then finish off with the lime juice.
If you do not want to shred the beef after cooking, you can cube it beforehand by cutting it into 1-inch cubes. Reduce pressure cooking