Roasted Yam and Pretzel Stuffing
- PREP 25 mins
- COOK 50 mins
- READY IN 1 hour 10 mins
This is one of my favourite stuffing recipes, no doubt. Portofino Pretzel buns make for a perfect stuffing bread, but this recipe has just as much volume in veggies and a heck of a lot more weight. That is how I roll, as you know. The yams make up the bulk and they are truly delicious as a stuffing.
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium heat. Add the butter and then the celery, onion and garlic. Sauté, stirring regularly until everything starts browning.
- Now you can add the yams, cover the pan and sauté for a further 5 minutes or until the yams are softened, stirring occasionally to prevent any burning.
- Add the rosemary to the pan and sauté for 1 minute longer and then transfer everything to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cubed bread and then whisk the cream and eggs together in a separate bowl and then add that as well.
- Season with the salt, pepper and cinnamon and mix very well. I find your clean hands are the best tool for this job.
- Now you can stuff a bird or a crown roast of pork and cook until the desired temperature is reached. Alternatively, just pack the mixture into a casserole dish or even a muffin tin and bake until browned and set.
As an added step you can toast the pretzel bread cubes in a 200 degree oven for 30 minutes or until they are lightly browned. Then add ¼ cup of chicken broth when you are mixing everything together.