- Prep time 45 mins
- Cook time 20 mins
- Ready in 45 mins
As far as this salad goes the salad base is flexible and you can use any greens or greens mixed with veggies that you like. The salsa is a simple mix of fresh fruit and veg with a squeeze of lime and a pinch of salt and the dressing is what the recipe is all about. It is awesome and great to have in your repertoire.
- Salad base:
- We are going to start this recipe by making some oil roasted garlic cloves. Peel 2 or 3 whole bulbs of garlic. Place all of the cloves into a very small pot or pan and then cover with extra virgin olive oil.
- Heat on the stove-top until gently bubbling and cook until the garlic is golden brown. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
- Once the oil is cool you can make the dressing. Add the garlic cloves, chipotle, lime juice, honey, egg yolk, salt and cumin to a blender.
- Put on the lid and turn the blender on low, puree the chipotle and then start slowly adding the oil through the small hole in the lid. Continue adding the oil in a slow steady stream until you have a nice dressing consistency. **use raw egg yolk dressings within 5 days**
- Mix desired amount of salad dressing into the salad base and you are ready to plate.
- Scatter a handful of tortilla chips on a plate, mound up a generous portion of mixed salad and top with chicken, some of the salsa and finally some shredded cheese.
- Time to enjoy!
Skip the chips to make this salad a little lighter.