Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Coffee Chili Rubbed Chicken with Epsresso Mango Sauce
- Prep time 45 mins
- Cook time 25 mins
- Ready in 1 hour
This is an amazing and unique recipe that you can have in your repertoire to do something different and either jazz up the weekly offerings or use it impress some dinner guests. Have fun!
- For the sauce:
- For the rub:
- Let’s start this off and get our sauce underway. Feel free to make this ahead and warm up later when you are ready to serve. Preheat a small pot on medium heat. Add the oil and then the shallots and ginger. Sweat until soft, but do not caramelize.
- Add the coconut milk, espresso, mango and salt and bring to a simmer. Reduce the sauce until it thickens up a little and then set aside.
- Mix up your spice rub in a small bowl. Next, drizzle a little oil on the chicken and then liberally coat with the spice rub. Cook the chicken in a preheated grill pan or a fry pan that has a lid. Brown the chicken nicely on both sides and cook with the lid on until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- While your chicken is cooking go ahead and place the cauliflower in a bowl, drizzle a little oil and sprinkle with a lot of spice rub. Toss, transfer to a baking sheet and bake in a 400 ºF oven until the cauliflower is nicely roasted.
- Go ahead and serve the chicken and cauliflower together with a nice liberal drizzle of the sauce.
- Hope you enjoy!
You can simplify this recipe by roasting the chicken in the oven along with the cauliflower.
Reviews on "Coffee Chili Rubbed Chicken with Epsresso Mango Sauce" (6)