Recipe by Chef Michael Williams
Roasted Apple and Coconut Yogurt
- Prep time 10 mins
- Cook time 10 mins
- Ready in 10 mins
Leave a Review
This is a great way to take plain yogurt to the next level. The roasted apples can be made ahead of time and they are a delicious flavour base for creating your own flavoured yogurt.
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of butter and then the apples. Sauté, stirring occasionally until browned on all sides. Add more butter if necessary.
- Add the cinnamon and sauté for about 30 seconds more. Any longer and the cinnamon will burn. Transfer the roasted apples to a small bowl and set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, toast the coconut if desired. About 5 minutes in a 350° F toaster oven will do the trick.
- Now time to serve it up. You can either mix everything together for a stirred style yogurt or you can plate it for a pretty little presentation.
- Yogurt first, spoon the roast apples on top, give a little drizzle of maple syrup and then finish off with the toasted coconut and hemp hearts. Delicious!
Plums are a good option to be used in place of the apples once the BC crops start to disappear.