Cauliflower Fried Rice
- READY IN 1 hour
This is a very tasty and nicely textured heart healthy recipe. It is loaded with nutrition while offering no compromise on flavour. It’s a complete meal with protein, lots of veggies and a nice healthy fat profile so you can make this one of your staple recipes and use it often.
- Start by tossing the onion, pepper and yam, as well as the ginger, garlic and jalapeño (if you opt to use all of them) with the oil, salt and pepper on a large baking pan.
- Bake the mixed veg in a preheated 425ºF oven for about 15 minutes or until the veggies are lightly browned all around. You will need to stir the veg a couple of times so it doesn’t burn. Remove from oven and set aside once they are cooked.
- Now let’s move on to the next step. If you have a large head of cauliflower, cut in half and reserve the other half for another day. Take the cauliflower that you are using, wash it very well and trim the leaves off of the head. Set the leaves aside.
- Now grate the head of cauliflower on the large holes of a cheese grater. Grate the whole head including the core and place in a bowl.
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium high heat. Add the little strips of bacon and brown in the pan, stirring frequently.
- Once the bacon is golden, pour off and reserve any extra bacon fat from the pan leaving a little in the pan and then add the cauliflower. Fry the cauliflower for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- While the cauliflower is frying, slice the reserved cauliflower leaves nice and thin.
- Once the cauliflower is sautéed, push to the edge of the pan (or remove if your pan is too small), add a bit of the reserved bacon fat and then crack the eggs into the pan. Cook, stirring often until scrambled and then add everything all together into the pan including the sliced cauliflower leaves.
- Finish off with soy sauce and pepper and bring up to temperature, stirring regularly. Serve hot and love that you are eating your veggies.
- PREP 45 mins
- COOK 30 mins
- READY IN 1 hour
- Make it a vegetarian meal and remove the bacon and the eggs from the recipe if desired. Use avocado oil and then add the cauliflower directly to the pan.