Roasted Tomato and Balsamic Dressing
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 20 mins
- Ready in 35 mins
This delicious salad dressing is loaded with pureed vegetables allowing you to be fairly liberal in its application without adding too many unwanted calories. Besides all that, it is so tasty and versatile that you are going to love it!
- Place your tomato, shallot and garlic on a small roasting pan, drizzle with a little oil and then place in a preheated 375° F oven/toaster oven.
- Roast until the tomato is concentrated and the garlic and shallots are caramelized.
- Allow the roasted veggies to cool a little and then transfer to a blender or immersion blender jar.
- Add the green onion, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and puree until nice and smooth.
- Use this delicious dressing on most any salad or to finish off roast chicken, pork or many cooked grains.
Add 1 tablespoon of honey to bring out a natural sweetness.