Recipe by Chef Heidi Fink
Warming Chicken Thigh Sheet Pan Dinner
- Prep time 30 mins
- Cook time 45 mins
- Ready in 1 hour 15 mins
- Yield Serves 4
Leave a Review
Full of delicious fall flavours – thyme, rosemary, winter squash, and mushrooms – this easy weeknight sheet pan dinner with warm your whole family from the inside out!
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C), using the convection setting, if you have it. Cover a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place chicken in a large bowl. Add 22 ml (1-1/2 TB) oil or butter, 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) salt, 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) pepper, and 4 ml (3/4 tsp) EACH minced thyme and rosemary. Mix everything to coat the chicken well in oil and seasonings. Place at spaced intervals on the prepared baking tray.
- Place the prepared squash and sliced onion in the same bowl. Add 15 ml (1 Tb) oil or butter, 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) salt, 1.5 ml (1/4 tsp) pepper, and 4 ml (3/4 tsp) EACH minced thyme and rosemary. Mix well. Place on tray, in the sapces bewteen the chicken, making sure to spread out the vegetables in an even layer.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the prepared mushrooms in the bowl, adding 15 ml (1 Tb) olive oil, 1.5 ml (1/4 tsp) salt, 1.5 ml (1/4 tsp) pepper, 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) EACH minced thyme and rosemary. Mix well.
- Once 30 minutes has passed, bring the sheet pan out of the oven and place on a metal rack or heat-proof surface. Add the seasoned mushrooms to the tray, scattering it as evently as possible.
- Return the tray to the oven and bake about 10 to 15 minutes more. Turn the broiler on for the last minute of cooking if you need more colour on the chicken skin and vegetables (this step will be more important if you didn’t have a convection setting in your oven).
- Remove from oven and serve immediately, garnishing with parsley if desired.
Air Fryer Variation – serves 2 to 3 people
Use 2/3 of the recipe size (4 chicken thighs, 600 g squash, a smaller onion, etc). Set your air-fryer to 400 and 25 minutes. Preheat the airfryer basket before putting the chicken, potatoes, and onions in. Cook for only 20 minutes before adding the mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes longer. Remove basket, and serve immediately.